The EFM 4 is specifically designed to facilitate layer-by-layer growth, providing the same features as the EFM 3 but is designed for film growth on substrates with a larger diameter of up to 50 mm.
Via the selection of one of three different exit apertures, the evaporation area can be matched to the size of the substrate. Evaporation rates varying from 1/10 monolayer per minute to over 1000 monolayers per second can be achieved by selection of the appropriate crucible, Working Distance, and e-beam power.
- Evaporation area Ø 10 – 50 mm
- Integrated shutter and Flux Monitor
- Evaporation from rods and crucibles
- Crucible capacity up to about 700 mm3
- Z-shift for material feed.
- Fully bakeable up to 250°C
- Mounting flange: NW35CF
The EFM 4 is also available with ion suppression (EFM 4s)
All other features same as EFM 3
just with a larger exit apertures.