The FDG 150 is a high performance UHV Ion Source for depth profile analysis with XPS and Auger Spectroscopy and as part of a dual-beam charge neutralisation for XPS. It can also be used as excitation source with ISS/LEIS, for sample cleaning or SPM tip preparation.
The source is differentially pumped and comes with an integrated port aligner, a regulated leak valve and allows for large working distances.
- Floating ion source for charge neutralization (10 eV to 5 KeV)
- Small Beam diameter (<150μm @ 5keV) for depth profiling
- Beam current from approx. 100nA (@15eV) to 10μA (@5keV)
- Suitable for ISS and LEIS
- Beam current stabilization with regulated leak valve
- Scan area: 10x10 mm @ 5keV / 50mm WD
- Mounting Flange: NW35CF
The power supply offers an integrated scan generator for beam positioning and scanning, alongside a closed loop regulation of the current via the integrated leak valve. The FDG 150 It can be fully controlled by the front electronics panel, TCP/IP interface or LabVIEW™ control software.